Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Flaneur 2

These are the other three of the series, all of which (I realize now, after adding them) were taken in Portsmouth on rainy days. I don't like this at all because they all have the same type of light, which makes them look more similar and less interesting. compositionally, I am not 100% sure I actually really like any of them. For example, the one taken of Prescott Park is very symmetrical, which I like, but I think it could have been cropped to make it more visually appealing- I just wasn't sure where to crop it.
As for the fire escapes. I love spiral staircases. When I have a house of my own, all of the staircases will be spiral. Well, maybe. But that was the real reason I decided to take this picture, that, and I liked the contrast of the brick and the black metal. I am not sure I really like the angles yet though.
The trash picture is pretty self-explanitory, but I really like how the arrow on the ground is pointing to the trash pile. I didn't actually notice that until I was looking at the photo on the computer.


No comments:

Post a Comment