Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Time of Day/Type of Light



This city scape photo is one I took in Providence, RI at around noon. Rules were made to be broken, right? Despite the sun being directly overhead, I really like the contrast in this photo, and I think the reflections in the water really add to it as well as all the shadows around the bridge and buildings.
As for the residential, this was taken at around four in the afternoon on a miserable rainy day in Portsmouth. The light on the fence is pretty uniform, and there aren't many highlights because there is no direct sunlight. Regardless, I like the color contrast of the trees, the fence, and the sidewalk, and the angle helps.
Lastly, I am disappointed that I was not able to fully capture the color of the sky in this "natural" photo. The lighting was completely ridiculous, because it was eight at night during a thunderstorm. So basically the sky was a sunset through thunderheads and it was amazing. The photo was taken in the field behind my house, and I really like the way the light is reflecting off the machinery, and almost making them glow. Probably not the best idea to be walking around in a field at that time, but it was worth it!

No comments:

Post a Comment